Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Conures

Yeah, I've got the bug! I really want one of these!

The local pet store has a few Conures that I really like. They are so friendly and playful! When you walk into the bird room they immediately climb to the side of their cages. poke their beaks through the bars, and beg you to play with them. The store has a pair of Sun Conures and a pair of Green-Cheeked Conures. The Suns are gorgeous, but probably a bit too loud for where I live. So I think if I decide to get one I will either get a Green-Cheek or a Dusky-Headed Conure as they are supposedly the quietest of the breed.

Green-Cheeked Conure
That also means that I need a new cage. Since Conures are larger and like to chew on things a lot I'll need a much more substantial cage than what my Budgie is in.

Dusky-Headed Conure

According to Animal Planet's book, Conures by Carol Frischmann I need at least a 20 X 20 inch cage with 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch bar spacing. I'll need to find something like that, or larger.


No comments: